Friday, August 29, 2008

update to the update

Well, I got a letter today from my Cadiologist who basically told me I'm fine, but please keep taking that calcium bloker anyway. NODAMMIT! I'm not going to keep taking a medicine I don't need and isn't working either. I'm so pissed right now I'm seeing red. I feel like these people don't know me and think that they do. My holter monitor showed that my heart rate ranged from 61 (can you say asleep) to 138 (can you say "too damn high") with an average of 95. That's what it has been for the past few weeks. I was at work and not busy there was no reason for my heartrate to go that high. Nevermind, that my normal heartrate was previously in the 80's. I'm tired and I still can't breath. When I ask people all those fun questions at work I get out of breath. It's getting to be ridiculous.

In fact, the verapamil is supposed to control heartrate and it's side effects include rapid heartrate and shortness of breath. How am I supposed to know if I'm reacting the meds or if I'm just having the same problems.

I also did some research and found out to the meds I take, one to control my bursitis and the other to control my essential tremors, don't go well with this drug. He knew I was on these meds too. He told me to stay off my Adderall too. I had already quit taking it, but if my heart is fine I need the stuff. My brain feels like it's fried because I can't concentrate and from what I've read verapamil will contribute to that. This drug just isn't something I should be on. I wondered why my pulmonologist looked at me funny when I told him about it, but he didn't say anything. I guess second guessing the other Dr is bad form. Right now I'm pissed and I can't call them until Tuesday because of the long weekend. They sent a copy of the letter to the wrong Dr. and I'm ready to tell the nurse what I think. Maybe it is a good thing I can't call right now.

4 comments:

Siren said...

Dammit! Why don't they take this more seriously? Can you get a second opinion?

KellyKline said...

Have you thought about switching to another doctor?

thehipster said...

Siren: I spoke with a nurse today. She took it seriously and said she would get back to me. She also asked me to call back in couple of days and let her know how I'm doing.

Kelly: Seriously thinking about it. This guy is my Dad's cardiologist, but I'm less than thrilled. I may ask my asthma Dr to send me to B'ham.

I feel better since I stopped the Verapamil.

Samantha Alice said...

Wow. I thought I had to put up with this kind of BS b/c I can't argue with Army officer/doctors. It makes me sad that you're dealing with it on the civilian side, where doctors should be giving a crap b/c they will drive their pts away if they suck.

Please get a 2nd opinion, Baby. You know your body better than anybody. "Norms" are for average people, and you're not average!